Thursday, August 13, 2015

Left Over Salsa Creates Great Soup

Recently, I wanted soup to warm up my bones.   Threw together some frozen veggies, beef broth and  a bullion cube.  Instead of a can of tomato sauce, I added left over salsa from in the refrigerator.  Wow, it made the soup explode with flavor.  Then, I noticed a recipe for vegetable soup on the broth box and was actually following it very close to most all the ingredients it called for.  Added a few chopped onions, cabbage, celery, basil, and other seasonings.  It created a great soup.  Other leftover jars of jelly, jam, beans, and oriental sauces can be added as well, to some recipes. 
Adding left over gravies, veggies, marinara sauce, pizza sauce and pasta sauce to recipes is convenient and saves wasting half-empty jars or cans sitting unused in the refrigerator.
Next, I think I will try making an apple dessert cake from the packets of apple cider left over from xmas.  Now, if I could only figure out what to do with those cinnamon sticks?  I'm open for suggestions.
Keep The Faith, your friend Lora (aka Cooky).

No comments:

Post a Comment