Monday, July 1, 2013

Easy Pizza Dough

Easy Pizza Dough:  Hi everyone !    I made homemade pizza dough into a pineapple-peach chipotle sauce pizza, that was easy and a delicious success. This is a such a nice and easy pizza dough recipe off of pinterest that, I would like to share it with my family and friends.  Although,  I do not remember who originally pinned this recipe, I do want to thank them profusely for pinning it.  Heat oven to 450 degrees.  Combine 2 ingredients: 1 med tub of Greek Yogurt and 2 cups of self-rising flour.  Knead both together until a smooth, pliable, spongy dough forms. It will form up - just take a bit of mixing.  Spray a cookie sheet with olive oil and both sides of the dough sparingly, as you flatten and spread the dough onto the cookie sheet; or even a round pizza pan. DO NOT PUT TOPPINGS ON IT YET.  First,  Bake it in a 450 degree oven for approximately 10 min., until lightly brown on the edges and dough firms up in the middle.  Watch it closely so that it does not burn.  Take it out of oven and let cool a few minutes.

Next, add your sauce, any kind will do, on top of the warm dough.   I used 1/3 jar of pineapple/peach chipotle sauce.  Then, I put diced ( precooked/packaged) ham on top of the sauce.  Finally, I  topped it off with a some shredded, packaged cheddar and mozzarella cheese. I like white pizza's.  Bake it in 425 degree oven (400 degree will work fine, just takes a few minutes longer until its bubbly.)  Cook approximately 15 minutes (plus or minus a few minutes) until the cheese melts completely and it starts to bubble slightly.   Crusts edges should be golden brown.  When done pop it out of the oven and enjoy it !
 
NOTE:  I saw the Pioneer Woman episode where she made her own pizza (not the recipe above).  She sprinkled "arugula" leaves on top of her apricot jam/mozzarella pizza, when her pizza was ready to serve for a luncheon. It looked delicious and was a sweet pizza. 

No comments:

Post a Comment